Saturday, August 21, 2010

  "Mother Knows Best"...  No matter what your issues may be with your mother, the truth is there are some things that she does know better. My mother believed that "good" shoes were very important.  One of the things that was included in my back to school shopping was a new pair of shoes.  My mother would take me to the neighborhood shoe store where the people who worked there measured my feet with a special scale. Once I made my selection,  they checked  that it  fit me correctly .There wasn't any grabbing shoes off the rack and wriggling your foot in until you found one that  fit. To this day,  I still remember shopping for back to school shoes and the good feeling I had knowing that my growing feet were fit correctly.  Most advertisements for eyeglasses emphasize great price or  great selection of the latest styles. What about correct fit?  You might assume that is a given. But many  prescriptions are filled without  careful attention to the details  that affects how clearly you will see.  A child's first prescription is especially important.   If it is filled without focusing on such details as P.D., basecurve and lens material, they will adapt to that correction, not knowing that their vision could be clearer and probably without any complaints.  However, any  attempt to rectify it as their prescription  changes is often impossible. That's why making glasses that fit and look good requires  the attention  of a licensed optician who is meticulous about  the details.  Even in those days, mother knew that we should eat our vegetables and too much television was not good . She also knew  that you  just cannot cut corners on somethings.  CHECK OUT OUR BACK TO SCHOOL SPECIALS! Complete pairs for $99.00 (with  plastic lenses) End of Summer Sale - All Designer Sunglasses 50 % OFF

No comments:

Post a Comment